Help During a Difficult Time
Hospice care is designed to provide a comprehensive selection of services in order to help patients and families through an extremely difficult time.
Precious Hospice provides coordinated care, and support to patients and their families with a range of options that corresponds to their specific needs. Determined by an individualized care plan, hospice care often begins with the interdisciplinary team providing routine home care, but there are a variety of options available.
The goal is to provide patients and their families with options about how their care is administered, while taking into consideration what their goals of care are and the level support they desire, including clinical, social and emotional support from the interdisciplinary team.
While home hospice is a specialized type of care that focuses exclusively on providing comfort and support for people who are facing a life-limiting illness in the patient’s own home, it isn’t about just seeing to the physical needs of the patient. This type of care is comprehensive, and meant to support the patients and their families.
Precious Hospice offers the following services:
- Assessing and treating symptoms by a highly trained specialist
- Integrating the family’s goals and principles into the patient’s individualized care plan
- Mobilizing healthcare resources to ensure continuity of care
- Guiding patients through the various care settings (e.g. hospital, nursing home, patient’s home, etc.)
- Medical care from physicians
- Pain and symptom management from nurses
- Emotional need management for both the patient and family from Licensed Social Worker
- Daily living and safety support provided by Certified Nursing Assistants
- Religious services and spiritual guidance provided by Spiritual Care Coordinator and/or Chaplain